Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
Today’s Tasty Tuesday is for Slow Cooker French Onion Soup. I love soup when the weather is cold, and French Onion is a personal favorite of mine! This recipe is so easy to follow too. Let us know how yours turns out!
- 3 Lg White Onions, Sliced
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 64 Oz Beef Broth
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1/3 Cup Dry Sherry
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme or 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 8 Slices Dry French Bread
- ¾ Cup Gruyere Cheese, Shredded
- ½ Cup Emmental Cheese, Shredded
- 6 Tbsp Fresh Parmesan Cheese
In a Large Pan, Cook Onions, Butter and Brown Sugar over Medium Low Heat until Golden & Caramelized, about 20 Minutes.
Add to the Slow Cooker with the Remaining Ingredients except the Bread & Cheeses.
Cook on Low for 6-8 Hours.
Remove and Discard the Bay Leaf. Ladle into Bowls. Top with the bread and Cheeses. Broil for 2-3 Minutes or until Browned.
Check it out on the Spend with Pennies website: