We are steadily approaching Memorial Day and that means it’s time to break out the grill and BBQ! Grilled bourbon chicken is an easy and delicious recipe that will put a smile on your friends and families faces, while filling their bellies.
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 (3 to 3 1/2 pound) whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, add soy sauce, bourbon, brown sugar, molasses, vegetable oil, garlic and crushed red pepper. Seal and shake bag to blend mixture.
- Add chicken pieces to resealable bag. Seal and shake to coat chicken. Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat grill to ORANGE zone (Medium-High heat).
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade. In a 2-quart saucepan, cook over medium heat, about 20 minutes or until reduced to 3/4 cup. Set aside to serve with chicken.
- Grill pieces, turning occasionally for 18 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked to 165°F.
- Serve chicken with sauce.
Thank you to Every Day Good Thinking for this scrumptious recipe. For more recipes click the link to head on over to their website. http://everydaygoodthinking.com/