Memorial day is almost here and we have started planning our menu, have you? This Grilled Stone Fruit Salad is the perfect side dish for any BBQ.
- 2 firm ripe peaches, halved, pits removed
- 2 firm ripe plums, halved, pits removed
- 2 firm ripe apricots, halved, pits removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 container (5 oz) baby arugula
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted, salted almonds
Heat gas or charcoal grill. Brush cut sides of peaches, plums and apricots with melted butter. Place fruit cut sides down on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until grill marks form; turn 90°F, and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer to make perpendicular grill marks.
Transfer fruit to cutting board; let cool 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Cut fruit into wedges.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat olive oil, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper with whisk. Reserve 1/4 cup of vinaigrette in container; set aside. Add arugula to large bowl of remaining vinaigrette; toss to coat. Transfer to serving platter. Return reserved vinaigrette to large bowl; add grilled fruit, and toss to coat.
Top arugula mixture with grilled fruit, cheese and almonds.
Thank you Tablespoon.com for this healthy yet delicious side dish! If food is your thing, head over to https://www.tablespoon.com for more recipes that will make your mouth water.