The Bear of Real Estate – Think Melissa Team has comprised a list of great tips to beat the heat and lower your bills this Summer. Do not let the summer heat take a toll on your wallet, escape this heat wave by using these summer saving tips.
- Turn off the a/c and open windows on a cool night.
- Service your HVAC.
- Replace your a/c filters. Dirty filters restrict airflow and cause units to run longer.
- Close window coverings or use solar shade screens, reflective films, awnings or trees to shade exposed windows.
- Use window, ceiling and whole house fans to help keep house cooler.
- Add weather strips and caulk to drafty doors and windows.
- Keep interior doors and vents open to help air circulate.
- Run full loads of laundry and dishes versus partial.
- Keep blinds closed during the day.
- Run the dryer & dishwasher at night on hot days, and let the dishes air dry.
- Eliminate extra freezers and refrigerators, especially those in the garage or outside.
- Use energy efficient light bulbs.
- Purchase energy efficient appliances.
- Make sure your vents are not covered. This will allow vents to breath easier.
- Add a dry towel to wet clothes in the dryer to decrease drying time.
- Limit the use of the oven and grill outside.
- Take cooler and shorter showers.
- Ensure your a/c pipes are sealed.
Stay cool and have a great summer!