We all know that with the excitement of 4th of July weekend also comes the stress of planning. So to relieve some of that stress we have comprised our favorite 4th of July foods that are simple yet delicious!
Appetizer: Red White & Blue Fruit Salad
- 16 oz of Strawberries, washed and cut in half
- 1 pint of blue berries, rinsed
- 3 bananas sliced in thick chunks
- 1/8 cup of honey
- 1 fresh lime
- Wash and cut all your fruit.
- Combine in a bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the honey and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Here is a hint – microwave your lime for 10 seconds before you cut and squeeze it. You will get more out of it after it was warmed up.
- Drizzle the honey lime glaze over the fruit and stir slightly to coat.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Main Course: Bourbon Burger
- 1 pound Chuck Or Ground Lean Beef
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Vidalia Onion
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Bourbon (I Used Woodford Reserve)
- 4 slices Monterey Jack Cheese
- 4 whole Pretzel Rolls, Cut In Half Sandwich Style
- 4 slices Tomato
- 1 cup Torn Lettuce
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct grilling over medium-heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the beef, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and bourbon. Form the mixture into 4 patties each about 3/4 inch thick.
- Put the patties onto the grill and grill over medium-heat turning once, roughly 5-7 minutes per side. Check for done-ness by cutting a hamburger near the center or testing with a instant-read thermometer. No pink should show on the inside and the internal temperature should read at least 160 F on the thermometer. With 3 minutes of cook time remaining add a slice of cheese on top of each patty and toast the pretzel rolls cut side down on the grill.
- Serve the hamburgers on the buns with tomato, lettuce and whatever other condiments you desire.
Desert: Patriotic Oreo Pops
Thank you to all the wonderful blogs who helped make this post possible. To see more delicious ways to celebrate the 4th of July head over to www.eatingonadime.com (Red White & Blue Fruit Salad), www.tastykitchen.com (Burbon Burger) & www.happinessishomemade.net (Patriotic Oreo Pops)