Looking for a recipe that is delicious & easy but will make your family think you went to culinary school? Try this sticky pineapple chicken, it is a recipe I know I will be trying!
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted cashews (optional)
- Rice, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the pineapple juice, soy sauce, chicken stock, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, garlic and cornstarch.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until the mixture has reduced to about 1 cup and is the consistency of thick syrup. Set the sauce aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and season it with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken, stirring, until it is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Drain off any liquids then add the sauce to the pan and stir until combined.
- Add the pineapple and cashews and cook, stirring, for an additional 1 minute.
Serve the chicken atop a bed of rice. For a little more flair in your presentation, serve the chicken and rice inside a hollowed out pineapple.
Thank you Just a Taste for this takeout- fake out recipe. For more amazing ideas and recipes, head over to their blog at www.justataste.com