Tired of Turkey? Spice up the holidays with this delicious alternative to a turkey or ham. It may become your new tradition!
- 7-10 pound prime rib roast
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- Make sure roast is at room temp before cooking
- Preheat oven to 500F
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until well blended, set aside
- Place the room temp roast in a roasting pan with the fatty side up
- Spread the mixture evenly over the roast
- See cooking time example below.
Example, for a 6-pound roast: 6×5=30, so cooking time is 30 minutes. Turn the oven off and wait 2 hours before opening the oven door.
Thank you, to the wonderful www.myincrediblerecipes.com for such a yummy recipe!
I will definitely be trying this in our house this holiday season!