This is a delicious and healthy recipe that anyone will love! A simple process for creating a delicious dinner that will keep you on track with your New Year goals.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 12 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cup half and half
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish
- Place chicken thighs in a medium pot, cover with cold water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and boil for about 30 minutes until chicken is almost done. Remove from water. (If you are using boneless chicken breasts, you can skip this step. Instead, cook chicken breasts in a saute pan for about 6 minutes per side, or until meat is no longer pink.)
- Add the butter to a large skillet and melt over medium-high heat. Season chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper. Place chicken thighs in skillet and cook on both sides, about 5 min per side or until cooked through and browned on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook for a couple minutes until onion is translucent and soft. Add sliced mushrooms and stir. Season mushrooms generously with salt and pepper. Let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. When mushrooms are tender and most juices have evaporated, add wine and cook off the wine for a couple more minutes. Add half and half, stir and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until sauce reduces a bit and thickens.
- Add chicken thighs to the skillet to warm up.
Thank you to www.deliciousmeetshealthy.com for this healthy chicken recipe. They have more yummy, healthy recipes so be sure to check out their site.
Post Tagged with Tasty Tuesday