Celebrate Easter with one of our creative and delicious menus. These delicious recipes are sure to be a hit be a hit with friends and family! I know these delicious treats are welcome in my home.
Easter Bunny Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries –
- 1 lb. Strawberries
- 1 Package of 8 oz. Soft Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Graham Cracker Sticks
- Cut off the strawberry stems. Remove the inside of the strawberry with a small knife or strawberry corer tool to create a cup for the filling.
- Trim the pointed strawberry tip with your knife so the strawberry will stand upright. Place on a cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, beat softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with a mixer until fluffy.
- Place the cream cheese mixture in a pastry bag and pipe into the strawberries.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake stuffed strawberries until ready to serve. Make them 3-4 hours before serving or your strawberries will get soggy.
- Right before serving, garnish with a graham cracker stick. Crackers will get soggy if you add these too early as well.
Slow Cooker Ham with Maple Brown Sugar Glaze –
- 7.5 pound unsliced, bone-in ham
- 1 cup of water
- For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Start by trimming excess fat and skin from the ham.
- Use a paring knife to slice a grid pattern into the ham.
- Add ham and 1 cup of water to slow cooker.
- Heat for 5-6 hours on low, until heated through.
- Remove ham from slow cooker and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Prepare glaze.
- Bring pure maple syrup, dark brown sugar, mustard, pepper and cornstarch to a boil.
- Let boil 2-3 minutes, whisking constantly until mixture starts to thicken.
- Let glaze cool for about 5 minutes.
- Pat ham dry and spoon glaze over ham.
- Heat ham under broiler 5-7 minutes until glaze has caramelized.
Mini Lemon Flower Tarts –
- 1 box Ready-to-Bake roll-out pie crusts
- 1 can lemon creme (We used a can of Duncan Hines lemon creme found in the baking section)
- powdered sugar, optional
- Flower cookie cutter
- mini cupcake pan
- Set your pie crust out to become room temperature. Preheat your oven to 450F.
- Once your dough is room temp, roll it out and cut flower shapes out of it with this flower cookie cutter. 1 pie crust makes about 7 flowers plan accordingly.
- Tuck each pie flower down into the mini cupcake pan, being sure to press them down into the bottom well and gently fold the petals back around the top of the cupcake pan.
- Give the bottom and sides a few pokes with a fork.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes. 5 minutes was the sweet spot for me but your oven might be slightly different.
- Gently remove the flowers and let cool for a few minutes on a wire rack.
- Spoon the lemon creme into a plastic baggie and cut the tip-off. Pipe the lemon creme into the centers of the mini flowers.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired before serving. I tilted my flowers so that the powdered sugar on got on the petals and not the pretty yellow filling.
Shout out to all the wonderful blogs that provided these charming and “egg”citing recipes! www.inspiringcooks.com (Slow Cooker Ham) www.kidandkinblog.com (Mini Lemon Flower Tarts)