Looking for a healthy alternative to a bangin’ classic? Look no further because we have you covered! This quick yet delicious Bang Bang Broccoli will not disappoint.
Bang Bang Sauce:
- 1/4 C. Vegan mayo
- 2 Tbsp. Chili paste
- 1 Tbsp. Agave nectar
- 1 C. Almond milk
- 1 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 C. All purpose flour
- 1/2 C. Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Hot sauce
And the rest:
- 2 C. Panko bread crumbs
- 1 Head of Broccoli
- Oil for frying
- Chives for garnish (optional)
- Make the sauce, whisk together the mayo, chili paste, and agave in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Make the batter, add the apple cider vinegar to the almond milk in a small bowl and let sit for a few minutes to make vegan buttermilk. Add the flour, cornstarch, and salt to a medium-sized mixing bowl, then add the hot sauce and almond milk mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk together until combined.
- Put the panko in a separate bowl.
- Cut broccoli into florets, then heat the oil on medium-high in a large pan, I like to use a cast iron skillet, you need about 1/2-1 inch of oil at the bottom of the pan.
- Dip each floret of broccoli in the batter, then into the panko and coat thoroughly. Once the oil is hot add the broccoli to the hot oil. Fry for about a minute or two on each side, or until brown and crispy. Drizzle with sauce and serve immediately.
Shout out to Rabbit and Wolves for this explosively yummy recipe. For more recipes head over to: