Looking for a different but yummy pizza recipe…this pizza crust topped with barbecue sauce, pineapple, ham, bacon and lots of cheese is it! This unique and flavorful Hawaiian-style bbq pizza is always a hit with friends and family!
For the dough:
- 1 ball pizza dough (try my recipe HERE)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
For the toppings:
- ¼ c. BBQ sauce
- 8 oz. grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- ⅔ c. cubed ham
- 5 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- ½ c. pineapple tidbits
- Thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- ⅛ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Make dough according to the recipe’s directions (or use store-bought dough); set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough into a 14-inch circle. Transfer to a parchment-lined pizza pan. Fold over the extra inch of dough to form the crust, pressing to seal. Brush with olive oil. Dock the center of the pizza with a fork to prevent large bubbles from forming. Place in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Spread the BBQ sauce over top, then half of the mozzarella cheese. Add the ham, bacon and pineapple tidbits, then top with remaining mozzarella and the sliced red onion (however much you prefer).
- Place in the oven and bake for 7-10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then sprinkle with chopped cilantro and red pepper flakes. Allow to cool for 2-3 additional minutes, then cut and serve.
Thank you www.lifemadesimplebakes.com for this lip-smacking pizza! Check them out for other delectable recipes.