HOTLANTA! Here is a cool down refresher for the adults to enjoy! Yummy Boozy Watermelon Ice Pops could be a great addition to your 4th of July celebration. Or just sit back and relax….enjoy one of these bad babies on a hot day!
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled, and/or raspberries
- 1/2 cup vodka or light rum
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup blueberries, cut up (optional)
- 12 6 ounces paper cones or popsicle molds
- 4 kiwi fruit, peeled and cut up
- 1/2 cup chopped seedless cucumber
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon vodka or light rum
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a blender combine the first 5 ingredients (through sugar). Cover and blend until smooth. Skim off any foam and stir in blueberries, if desired. Stand paper cones in mason jars or in glasses. Divide mixture among paper cones. Cover tops of paper cones with foil. Cut a slit in the center of the foil on each cone; insert a wooden stick through each slit, about halfway into the mixture. Freeze for 2 hours or until nearly firm.
- In a blender combine the remaining 5 ingredients (through lemon juice). Cover and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape as necessary. Remove foil from paper cones. Pour kiwi fruit mixture evenly over watermelon layer in cones. Cover again; freeze overnight or until firm.
- To serve, let stand 10 minutes; peel away paper cones.
Thank you so much for this wonderful blog. Go check out www.bhg.com for more wonderful and fun recipes.