6 Exterior Renovations to Increase Property Value
Some home improvements will help increase the value of your home, as well as help it sell quicker. Here are 6 exterior renovations to increase property value.
- Make the front door visually appealing with a few simple updates. One thing to do is paint the trim and door, if necessary. Update or polish the door hardware is another way to make it more appealing. Also you can add some plants or flowers around the door.
- Clean up the driveway. Make sure it is free of debris. A pressure wash and an asphalt coat can go a long way to freshen it up. You can also add flowers or landscaping along the edge, but make sure to add it to both sides so they’re symmetrical.
- Add outdoor lighting. This will help the buyer feel safer, plus it will ward off burglars. It also helps brighten the exterior to look more appealing for evening showings.
- Freshen up the landscaping. Adding pinestraw or mulch and trimming the bushes will go a long way to make the exterior more beautiful. Also make sure to clear up any weeds you have.
- Make sure the fence is in good condition. If you have a panel missing or a broken gate, consider fixing it. This will help with the exterior appeal.
- Pressure wash the exterior. Not only do you want to pressure wash your driveway, but also the house and sidewalks. This is a simple and inexpensive way to freshen up the look of the home.
The listing inventory is low right now, and buyers need your homes. If you would like more advice on what to do to help get your home sold, give us a call today at 404-793-BEAR (2327).