Everyone needs a summer escape every once in awhile. When it is time for you to hit the road for a day, here are a few amazing locations that are perfect for a day trip with the family, by yourself, or even a day date.
1. The Rock Ranch – 5020 Barnesville Hwy, The Rock, GA 30285: A 1,500-acre working cattle farm is also filled with adventures and fun for the whole family. There is a Tiny Town, zipline, fresh fruits and veggies, and more. Rock Ranch is an awesome place to spend a day in Georgia. For more information please visit http://therockranch.com/.
2. Red Clay Resort – 5510 Red Clay Rd, Cohutta, GA 30710: Who wouldn’t want to spend an entire day basking in the sun next to a spring fed, turquoise, crystal clear pool?!?! That’s why Red Clay Resort is a must this summer. To get more information on this summer dreamscape. For more information please visit http://www.redclayresort.com/.
3. Ooh La La Lavender Farm – 217 Tanyard Rd, Eatonton, Georgia: Beyond the fact that Ooh La La Lavender Farm in Georgia is worth checking out just for the rows upon rows of lavender alone, there is also a summertime festival each year that is worth spending the day enjoying. For more information please visit facebook.com/OohLaLaLavenderFarm.
5. Magnolia Springs State Park – 1053 Magnolia Springs Drive, Millen, GA 30442: At over 1,000-acres long, Magnolia Springs is an epic adventure waiting to happen. Besides just the crystal clear spring that is worth the trip alone, there are also camping opportunities, fishing, hiking, and more. For more information please visit http://www.gastateparks.org/info/magspr/.
6. Panther Creek Falls – Chattahoochee National Forest, Old Historic U.S.441, Clarkesville, GA 30523: This waterfall hike in Georgia is one of the most perfect ways to spend a full day exploring the great outdoors of Georgia. Fit with a swimming hole at the end, make sure you bring your bathing suits to cool off in the refreshing waterfall. For more information please visit: https://www.atlantatrails.com/hiking-trails/hiking-panther-creek-one-of-georgias-most-beautiful-waterfalls/.
8. Tybee Island Beach – Tybee Island, GA: We recently explored how this beach has some of the most pristine sand in the state, and that is reason enough to spend a day here. But beyond that, beach days should always be on the summer agenda. For more information please visit: https://tybeeisland.com/.
9. Lake Lanier, Georgia: There really isn’t a better way to spend the summer than splashing about in the refreshing lakeside of Lake Lanier. This famed summer spot brings people together every season for swimming, camping, fishing, boating and more. For more information please visit: www.lanierislands.com/
10. The East Palisades Hiking Trail – Atlanta: This particular hiking trail is one of the greatest in the state. Why? Because it’s nestled up against the Chattahoochee River, and takes you to a secret, and hidden, bamboo garden. For more information please visit: www.atlantatrails.com/hiking-trails/hiking-east-palisades-indian-trail-at-the-chattahoochee-river/.
11. Zipline Canopy Tours – 891 Old Cashes Valley Rd, Blue Ridge, GA: No matter your age, this zip lining adventure is for you. It is the perfect way to spend the day in Georgia soaring through the clouds and over the treetops with the whole family. To find out more information please visit http://zipblueridge.com/.
12. Abernathy Park – 70 Abernathy Rd NE, Sandy Springs, GA: Abernathy Park is a combination of a sculpture garden and a children’s playground. It’s so unique in it’s design, it’s no wonder kids can spend hours indulging in their imagination and creativity. For more information please visit http://www.exploregeorgia.org/listing/54865-playable-art-park-at-abernathy-greenway-linear-park