Mojitos and watermelon……who can think of a better combination? The next time you are having guests over or just relaxing on the back deck, here is a great recipe that is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser.
Ingredients: (4 drinks)
- 1 seedless watermelon pureed
- 1/2 English cucumber pureed
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/2 cup mint muddled
- 8 oz. vodka chilled
- 1 large bottle sparkling water chilled (I prefer PC brand, San Pellegrino or Perrier)
- ice cubes
- Using a blender or juicer, puree watermelon and cucumber together. Strain using a fine mesh sieve if using a blender to remove pulp and set juice aside (preferably in fridge to chill).
- Juice limes, then muddle with mint using a wooden spoon or a muddler if you have one. Put the mixture in a shaker with ice and shake for 15-20 seconds. Strain into a large pitcher.
- Add juice to large pitcher, then vodka and bottle of sparkling water.
- Pour into glasses filled with ice and enjoy!
Fore more enjoyable recipes, be sure to vist The Girl on Bloor blog at their website www.thegirlonbloor.com. They have everything from main courses, side dishes to delicious cocktails.