Football season means tailgates! From high school, to college or the NFL football season, we have your top 10 tips for a successful and stress free tailgate.
- Use a twin size bed sheet for a tablecloth on a folding table. It fits securely and does not drag on the ground, while also making for an easy clean up.
- Use squeeze bottles from your local grocery store to hold some fun sauces: Sriratcha Mayo, Malt Vinegar, Whiskey BBQ Sauce or a gourmet Malt Vinegar Ketchup.
- Always keep a toolbox packed with tailgate essentials in the trunk of your car.
- You can make this festive football party garland yourself, and can even get your kids to help, as it’s easy enough for little hands! Get the free game day paper chain printable from The Centsible Life here.
- Label your coolers so guests can find drinks easily. Place beer or wine on one side and sodas on the other.
- Anything that is brown can be made into an adorable yet useful item at a tailgate. Get some brown cups from a grocery store or a party supply store and a white sharpie. Just draw on some laces, let the marker dry, and you are ready to serve your favorite party beverages.
- Freeze water bottles to use in place of ice in coolers so you have cold water to drink after they melt.
- Hollow out a watermelon and use the rind to create a football themed display. This allows for a healthier option than just fried food!
- Fill a six pack holder with your favorite hot sauces and other condiments.
- Bring a large plastic tub to haul back dirty dishes.