If you have never added three-cheese tortellini to your soup, you are truly missing out. This one pot tomato and basil tortellini soup is worth trying something new and will fill your belly with happiness. We recommend trying this simple and delicious twist to a classic fall favorite.
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 5 cups fat-free chicken stock
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¾ cup fat-free half & half
- 1 jar Ragu Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 ounces refrigerated three-cheese tortellini
- parmesan cheese, for garnish
- basil, for garnish
- Place the onion, carrot, and olive oil in a 6-quart dutch oven or soup pot. Simmer over medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add the fresh basil, chicken stock, milk, half & half, pasta sauce, and diced tomatoes to the mixture. Stir until combined.
- Add the salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the mixture and stir. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place the tortellini into the mixture and allow the soup to simmer for another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Thank you to the Gal on a Misson Blog for providing this delicious recipe. For more tasty treats like this one, head over to www.galonamission.com