Everyone loves Panera’s soups! We have the perfect recipe, which has been inspired by their chicken and wild rice soup. This delicious soup will warm your belly and feeds between 6 – 8 people. YUMMY!
- ½ cup finely diced carrots
- ½ cup finely diced celery
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or finely diced
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4.3-ounce box of Rice a Roni Long Grain and Wild Rice + seasoning packet
- salt and pepper, to taste
- scallions, to garnish
- Place the carrots, celery, onion, and olive oil in a 6-quart Dutch oven to the soup pot. Allow the carrots, celery, and onion simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic cloves, chicken stock, water, and 1 cup of milk to the mixture and mix.
- Add the pepper, dried oregano, bay leaf, and chicken. Mix until combined. Allow the soup to simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the other 1 cup of milk with the ½ cup flour until smooth. Place into the soup mixture and whisk until combined.
- Place the long grain and wild rice and the seasoning packet into the soup and mix until combined. Allow the soup to simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and garnish with fresh scallions.
Shoutout to www.galonamission.com for this delicious recipe! This Panera inspired chicken and wild rice soup is just the start of their yummy recipes. For more delicious ideas head over to their blog!
Post Tagged with Tasty Tuesday