Candles are beautiful and make your home smell great but they can get very expensive. Here is a step by step tutorial on how to make your own stunning candles.
- 1- 1/8 Nipple
- 2- 1/8 Couplings
- 2- 3/8 in Washers
- Lamp Wicks 100% Cotton
- Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Canola Oil, Citronella oil, Peanut oil, Liquid Paraffin oil, Odorless Mineral Oil, Lamp Oil or any oil that burns.
- Mason Jar
- Cordless drill with a 3/8 drill bit or a really THICK screwdriver and hammer to pound it through the lid. The screwdriver is really great for pounding out a starter hole so that the drill has a guide.
- Block of wood
- Make a dot where you want the hole to go in the lid.
- If you are using the drill, make a starter hole with the screwdriver first. Pound the back of the lid with the screwdriver and the hammer. It doesn’t take much to make a hole. Then, take the drill and hold the lid very, VERY tight. It will try to spin on you if you don’t. Remember, 3/8 drill bit.
- Put the nipple through the hole. On both sides of the lid, add a washer, and then a coupling. The nipple should be longer underneath the lid than on top of the lid. You will want the nipple and coupling to be flush on top of the lid.
- After that is attached, twist your strip of t-shirt and then thread it through the nipple. It will expand a little after it is soaked with oil.
- Add oil to your jar to the desired amount.
- Add any fragrances, decorative items, or essential oils you prefer.
- Attach completed lid back onto the jar.
- You will want to wait for the oil to soak all the way up the t-shirt before you light it, otherwise, it will just burn it up.
A huge thank you to Cheri’s Creations for this wonderful idea and instructions on how to make a beautiful mason jar oil candle. For other wonderful craft ideas head over to her blog at the link below. www.cherilicious-cherisblog.blogspot.com
Post Tagged with news you can use