Omelets are a quick, delicious, and easy breakfast that is a great start to your day. This Italian Style Omelet is healthy and scrumptious!
- 8 organic pastured eggs
- 1/2 lbs ground sausage
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Wash and cut onion and red bell peppers. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables, add a pinch of salt and saute for about 3 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk 2 eggs and add a dash of salt and pepper. Heat over medium-high heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in the skillet you cooked the vegetables. Add egg mixture to hot skillet and cook while the eggs sit undisturbed for about a minute until egg mixture is set. With a spatula flip the omelet on the other side and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a plate, add filling and fold omelet in half. While making the remaining omelets, cover with foil to keep warm.
Thank you to the Delicious Meets Healthy blog for this delicious recipe. If you are looking for more healthy recipes, head over to www.deliciousmeetshealthy.com