Chicken breast has never been so juicy and moist than with this Caprese Stuffed Balsamic Chicken recipe! This is where two chicken recipes merge into one, to become one unforgettable delicious dish. You will not regret making this scrumptious main dish!
- 4 (200-gram / 7-ounce) chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 teaspoon each of dried oregano and dried basil
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato strips in oil
- 4 mozzarella cheese slices (or cheese of choice)
- 12 basil leaves, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C | 350°F. Cut a pocket about 3/4 quarter of the way through on the thickest side of each breast, being careful not to cut all the way.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and dried herbs. Pour 1 teaspoon of sun-dried tomato oil over each breast, rubbing some of the seasonings inside the pockets.
- Fill each with 2 slices fresh tomato, 2 teaspoons sun-dried tomato strips, one slice mozzarella cheese, and basil leaves.
- Seal with 3-4 toothpicks diagonally to keep the filling inside while cooking.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of sun-dried tomato oil (or olive oil) in a skillet or nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix together the garlic, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a small jug. Pour the mixture into the pan around the chicken; bring to a simmer while stirring occasionally, until the glaze has slightly thickened (about 2-3 minutes).
- Transfer pan to the preheated oven and continue to cook for a further 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese has melted.
- Remove toothpicks and drizzle with pan juices
Shoutout to the blog Cafe’ Delights for this amazing recipe. If you are looking for more delicious recipes like this one, head over to www.cafedelites.com
Post Tagged with Tasty Tuesday, The Bear of Real Estate