Looking for a cheap, easy, and super fun way to entertain the kiddos? Make some Dino Fossils! This interactive activity will not only entertain and spark creativity but is a great way to educate.
- 2 cups flour (I used wheat flour to make a darker dough that looked more natural)
- 1 cup salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Plastic dinosaurs
- Plastic dinosaur skeletons
- Mix the flour, salt, and warm water together to make the salt dough. I use my Kitchen Aid to mix, but you could also do it with a wooden spoon.
- Make a small ball of dough, then press it flat with the palm of your hand.
- Gently press a dinosaur skeleton toy into the dough. Gently lift the toy up to reveal a cool impression! Dinosaur feet, leaves, and twigs work really well too.
- Repeat with the plastic dinosaur toys for another cool look!
- Line up all your “fossils” on a baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 1-2 hours. Remove once they are hard.
Shoutout to the blog Make Life Lovely for this fun and interactive activity! If you are looking for more activities head over to: www.makelifelovely.com