Happy Cinco De Mayo! We have compiled some delicious recipes that are sure to impress anyone you are celebrating with!
Classic Margarita –
- 1 1/2 parts Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
- 1 part Lime Juice
- 1/2 part DeKuyper® Triple Sec Liqueur
- 1/2 part Simple Syrup
- Combine all ingredients in mixing glass and shake vigorously with ice.
- Strain over fresh ice in a glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel or wedge on the rim and serve.
- Salt Optional.
Chicken Fajita Skewers-
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red onion cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-2 tablespoons chili powder depending on the heat level of your chili powder.
Creamy cilantro dipping sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream can use light
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup prepared green salsa
- salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare the marinade, pour the lime juice, olive oil, and water in a large resealable bag. Add the garlic, sugar, salt and pepper, cumin, garlic, oregano, smoked paprika, onion powder and chili powder.
- Seal bag and shake to combine. Remove 2 tablespoons of the marinade and set aside in the refrigerator. Add the chicken to the bag of marinade, seal and place in fridge – marinate at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
- Soak 6 skewers in cold water for 20 min; this keeps them from burning on the grill. Heat your grill according to manufacturer instructions. Thread the chicken, peppers, and onions onto the wooden skewers. Drizzle the reserved marinade over the top of the skewers and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the skewers until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables have started to soften; about 4-5 minutes per side. Alternatively, you can broil the skewers in the oven for the same length of time.
- While the skewers are cooking, prepare the sauce. Combine all of the sauce ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the skewers with the dipping sauce and any other Mexican accompaniments of your choice.
Cocadas Mexican Coconut Candies –
- 5 1/3 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup dulce de leche
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Lightly spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together coconut flakes, dulce de leche and macadamia nuts until well combined.
- Divide the coconut mixture into 24 mini cups packing them down tightly.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the edges are nicely browned.
- Cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Store the cooled cocadas in an airtight container, at room temperature, for up to 3 days.
Thank you to all the wonderful blogs for these fun and festive recipes:
www.thecocktailproject.com Classic Margarita
www.dinneratthezoo.com Chicken Fajitas on a Stick
www.sweetandsavorybyshinee.com Cocadas Mexican Coconut Candies
Don’t forget to share your Cinco De Mayo celebration, recipies, and creations with us. We would love to see!