Looking for a delicious side dish for your next summer meal? Look no further because this Strawberry Alvacado pasta salad is the perfect side dish.
Strawberry Avocado Pasta Salad
- 12 oz. Great Value Rotini
- 2 cups packed Great Value baby spinach
- 1 lb. strawberries sliced or chopped
- 4 mandarin oranges peeled, segmented
- 2 Avocados chopped
- 1 pear chopped
- 1 4 oz. pkg. Great Value macadamia nuts
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/2 cup Great Value canola oil
- 1/4 cup Great Value sugar
- 3 tablespoons Great Value apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoon dry minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add all of the Poppy Seed Dressing Ingredients to a medium bowl or measuring cup and whisk together with a fork. Chill at least 30 minutes up to 24 hours.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente – don’t overcook! Rinse and drain pasta in cool water. Add pasta to a large serving bowl and toss with a little of the dressing to keep it from sticking together.
- Serving immediately/within one hour
- Add all of the salad ingredients to the pasta. Add the desired amount of chilled dressing and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately or chill one hour.
- Serve later
- Add strawberries and Mandarin oranges to pasta and toss with half of the dressing, cover and refrigerate. When ready to serve, add pears, avocados, spinach, macadamia nuts, and remaining dressing. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Thank you to the wonderful blog, carlsbadcravings.com, for this delicious recipe.