This is the best time of the year to enjoy the little things in life. Fruits and veggies together…..oh my! Enjoy this great dish at your Labor Day BBQ. This Strawberry Pineapple Salsa will have everyone raving at your next party!
Serves 6 to 8
1 pineapple, peeled
1 pound strawberries
2 roma tomatoes, diced
½ red onion, minced
½ jalapeno, minced
⅓ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 lime, juiced
½ teaspoon salt
1. Remove the peel and core from the pineapple and dice the fruit into a small, ¼-inch dice. Place into a large mixing bowl.
2. Hull the strawberries, and dice into a small, ¼-inch dice. Add to bowl with pineapple.
3. Dice the tomatoes into a ¼ inch dice as well and toss with pineapple and strawberries.
4. Add minced onion and jalapeno to bowl along with cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Stir to combine.
5. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
***Keeps in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
Thanks to The Stay at Home Chef for this wonderful summer salsa to share with our friends and family! https://thestayathomechef.com/strawberry-pineapple-salsa/