This time of year means cold weather and we all love a nice hot bowl of soup! This recipe is so yummy and what is even better, is that it can be prepared in a slow cooker! This is a sure win on a cold winter day!
- 1 lb ground Hot Italian sausage
- 1 bag Simply Potatoes diced potatoes and onions (can substitute with 1 diced yellow onion and 4 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed)
- 2 cloves large garlic
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 1/2 bunch kale (a couple of handfuls) de-stemmed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
1. Heat large saute pan over medium high heat and brown sausage.
2. Add minced garlic and stir to combine.
3. Drain off the grease and then add sausage and garlic to the bottom of slow cooker.
4. Add bag of diced potatoes and onion, cover with chicken stock and water (if necessary) to
completely cover potatoes and sausage.
5. Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or HIGH for 3-4 (potatoes should be soft)
6. Whisk together heavy cream and flour until well mixed. Pour into slow cooker, add kale and
stir to combine.
7. Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes until soup has thickened slightly.
8. Taste, season accordingly.
Thank you to The Chunky Chef for this great recipe! Click Here to print this recipe.