Ready for all the St. Patrick’s Day festivities this weekend? We have found a fun, easy and tasty smoothie for you enjoy! This smoothie can be made with alcohol for a fun adult beverage, or without for a kid friendly treat!
• 6 kiwi fruit, peeled and quartered
• 1 cup seedless green grapes
• 1 banana, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 6 – ounce carton key lime- or vanilla-flavored yogurt
• 1 cup orange juice or white grape juice, well-chilled
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 2 -4 tablespoons rum*(omit for a fruity, colorful, alcohol-free drink)
• 1 -2 drops green food coloring (optional)
• Fresh kiwifruit slices
Place kiwi fruit and banana in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Place in freezer and freeze, uncovered, for 2 hours or until frozen.
In a blender, combine grapes, yogurt, orange juice, honey, rum and about 1/3 of the frozen fruit. Cover and blend until almost smooth. Gradually add remaining fruit, blending after each addition until almost smooth. Add food coloring, if you like.
Pour into glasses and garnish with kiwifruit slices.
Thank you to Midwest Living for this tasty and festive drink!