Now this Tasty Tuesday recipe will make you slap your mama….
It is one of my favorite southern traditions to eat Black Eyed Peas for good luck on New Years. Here is a delicious recipe for Slow Cooker Black Eyed Peas:
– 1 ½ Lb Dried Black Eyed Peas, Rinsed and Soaked Overnight
– 4 Cups Water
– 8 Oz Smoked Lean Ham Steak
– 1 Medium Onion
– 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
– 3 Oz Can Green Chilies
– 1 ½ Tsp Chili Powder
– 1 ½ Tsp Pepper
– 1 Tsp Cumin
- Soak Beans Overnight in a Large Bowl with 6 – 8 Cups of Water. Drain the Next Morning.
- Add Beans to the Slow Cooker. Add Water, Ham, Onion, Green Chilies, Garlic, Chili Powder, Pepper, and Cumin. Stir Gently to Combine.
- Cook on High for 6 Hours and Check Seasoning.
- Add Additional Salt and Other Seasonings to Taste. Cook Until
Ready to Serve.
Double up your serving for 2021!
Enjoy and Happy New Year!
Post Tagged with Tasty Tuesday