Now this Tasty Tuesday recipe will make you slap your mama….
– 1 ½ Lb Dried Black Eyed Peas, Rinsed and Soaked Overnight
– 4 Cups Water
– 8 Oz Smoked Lean Ham Steak
– 1 Medium Onion
– 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
– 3 Oz Can Green Chilies
– 1 ½ Tsp Chili Powder
– 1 ½ Tsp Pepper
– 1 Tsp Cumin
- Soak Beans Overnight in a Large Bowl with 6 – 8 Cups of Water. Drain the Next Morning.
- Add Beans to the Slow Cooker. Add Water, Ham, Onion, Green Chilies, Garlic, Chili Powder, Pepper, and Cumin. Stir Gently to Combine.
- Cook on High for 6 Hours and Check Seasoning.
- Add Additional Salt and Other Seasonings to Taste. Cook Until
Ready to Serve.
Double up your serving for 2021!
Enjoy and Happy New Year!