Fall is here and if you are you a big fan of the PSL like I am, then you will love this amazing recipe! This Pumpkin Spice Latte is simple, healthier and so yummy!
- 2 Tablespoons 100% pumpkin puree
- slightly rounded 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tablespoon sugar (or more or less)
- 1 cup milk, any kind (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 shot espresso OR 1/4 cup strongly brewed coffee
- whipped cream or coconut cream for topping, optional
Add pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to a small saucepan over medium high heat. Stir with a spatula until very fragrant and bubbly, 30 seconds – 1 minute, then add sugar and stir until smooth and bubbly, another 30 seconds. Whisk in milk then add vanilla and stir until drink is hot, 2-3 minutes.
Brew espresso or coffee into a mug (or omit to keep this kid-friendly) then strain milk mixture into the mug and serve. The straining step is optional but it catches any larger pieces of pumpkin and any chalky spices.
Thank you to Iowa Girl Eats for this great Fall coffee recipe.