In honor of Fondue Month, we wanted to share this delicious recipe. This is so simple that you will want to host a fondue party!
1/3 pound firm alpine-style cheese such as gruyere
1/3 pound fontina
1/3 pound gouda
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup dry white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc
1 clove garlic minced
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon brandy
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Grate all of the cheeses. In a medium bowl, combine the cheeses with the cornstarch, tossing thoroughly to coat all pieces.
In a stove-safe fondue pot or large heavy saucepan, bring the wine, garlic, and lemon juice to a simmer over medium-low heat. Add the cheeses to the simmering liquid a little at a time, stirring well between each addition to ensure a smooth fondue. Once smooth, stir in the brandy, mustard, and nutmeg.
Arrange an assortment of bite-size dipping foods on a platter. If necessary, carefully pour the fondue into a fondue pot. Serve with fondue forks or wooden skewers. Dip and enjoy!
Fondue Dipper Ideas:
- Boiled baby new potatoes in their skins quartered if large
- Lightly steamed broccoli florets
- Lightly steamed cauliflower florets
- Lightly steamed asparagus
- Button mushrooms wiped clean and stems removed
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sliced firm apples such as Granny Smith
- Cooked sliced hot sausage
- Cubed French, sourdough, and/or pumpernickel bread
Thank you to Well Plated for this recipe.